Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2020

Benny

Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post today's blog post is going to be based off of the story I have been reading called "Benny". For this task I am going to be answering questions that the teacher has given us once again based off of the story "Benny".

What are some of the differences between Benny and his friend ?
Some of the differences are the height for instance Benny is really tall where as his friend is really short. Another one is Benny is muscly and has fat on him but his friend is skinny.

How does Benny's friend think about Benny's new house ?
His friend finds it different from the houses that he is used to being around for instance the new house that Benny is living in has security cameras and gates.

How did the boy’s mother feel about the incident? Do you think her reactions are justified? Why/why not? I think the mother of the boy would feel very frightened because she couldn't help or control what happened. I think her reaction wasn't the best reaction given because Benny and his friends are also kids and they didn't mean for it to happen but I also understand why her reaction was the way it was. It was because imagine if you had a young child and it looked like a boy ( Benny ) was trying to drown him.

What is the author’s purpose in writing this text? How do you know?
I think that the author's purpose in writing this text is to send a message to younger children. I think that message is to never mess around even if your doing it as a joke or for a laugh always think about how it could affect other's.

What themes are explored in this text ?
I don't completely understand the question but some of the settings are the lake and the warf that leads to the lake. The place behind the ice cream shop and a house.

Are the answers detailed enough ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.