Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Chapter 10-12 { Paperboy }

Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what has happened int he chapters 10-12 of Paperboy. The novel study group was given tasks to do based off of certain chapters for these chapters we have to think about What we notice about the way that dialogue is written within Paperboy and why we think the author chose to write this way?

I think that the dialogue of the story is very formal there isn't much slang and there is a lot of fancy vocabulary and the sentences have been very detailed to the point were I feel your reading some ones actual story. I think the author chose to write this way because the way it is written might mean something to him or bring back memories or something like that. I also think he chose that way or writing because he wanted it to be different compared to other stories he has read or written, or it could just be because of where he is from because different places write differently.

The next thing we have to do is write a summary on what happened in chapters 10-12. Here is my summary of what happened in chapters 10-12.

Little Man tried to sneak into Ara T's shed to get his knife back and then he heard Ara T coming back with his cart so he grabbed a shovel and whacked Ara T in the stomach with the shovel and ran back home. When he arrived home he saw mam with a black eye and it looked like she had been bet up. The next morning after he does both of those things he remembers that he left his bag at the front of Ara T's shed and he sees if its still there but its not, he then decides that he will just ask Rat's parents for the spare bags that Rat owns but he knows that its not a good impression for the last week of doing the paper route. After all of this happens Mam and Little Man decide to go the zoo they end up taking a photo together Mam wearing a large peacock hat and Little Man wearing a cowboy hat that covered his ears. Little man ended up keeping the photo and put it in a drawer.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.