Pages

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Reading Week 9

Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's task I will be writing a paragraph about the novel book I have been reading called "Paperboy".

This novel is about a young boy named Little Man and his stuttering. So far I have read chapters 1-3 these chapters aren't long but definitely aren't short. I have found out that Little Man takes over his friends job as paperboy while he goes and see's his family on a farm. But because of his speech impediment he struggles to make conversation with the people and one lady overhears him saying pitch but thought he was swearing, in this part of the story it causes a bit of conflict because the lady thought she was being called a name but she wasn't and then Little Man writes an apology and delivers it to her. The next time he delivers to her house she invites him in for a lemonade and he says he can't because he has to complete delivering the papers but then she says that he can come over the next day she also said she would pay every week instead of month and Little Man interprets her other side and really likes it.

Hope this explained well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.