Pages

Thursday 18 June 2020

Drama

Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what I have been doing for Drama which is called "Speaking My Truth". One of the tasks we have been doing is called the ice berg basically you draw a triangle and then put a water line about half way. On the top half you put all the obvious emotions the character was feeling or felt and for the bottom half you put the non obvious ones meaning getting deeper into the feelings and going from what the text says to discover an emotion.

Our next task was to each choose a character from the story Benny and ask them five open questions. By open questions I mean no yes or no questions the open questions have more answer to them then closed because closed questions are one or two word answers. The five questions that I did were.
Here is a picture of the iceberg technique.


I = How did you feel about losing your friend?
Mum = Why did you swear in front of children ?
Mum = Talk about your family ..
Benny = Why did you feel the way you did when you asked your friend to go ?
I = How did your friendship start ?







I hope this blog post has all the information you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.