Pages

Friday 24 May 2019

Stitches

L.O: to understand the history and and importance of women rights in New Zealand.

Question 1
What was the story about ?
I think the story stitches was about a girl who loved sewing and was going to drop out of school and start her own job. I also think it was about her friend who was leaving and her opinion on her friend leaving and her emotions on her friend leaving.

Question 2
May is 13 ,How is your life different compared to hers ?
My life is different from May because I don't have 7 family members living with me I know that she has 7 family members living with her because in the text it says " Know papa was polishing the family boots: shoe - shoe - shoe with the brush. Seven pairs, one by one. " that is my evidence to prove my point and something else that is different is I can't drop out of school until I am 16, and I don't want to leave school because I have no way of keeping myself entertained as I am not in love with sewing and I don't yet have a hobby that I would be willing to drop out for.


Question 3
What sacrifices to you think she made in the story ? Why did she make those ?
She sacrificed going to her school, for sewing.  I think she made them to help her focus on sewing since she loves to do it so much and I think she might have done it because she needed to help her mother with gaining money for the house and to feed the family of seven.

I really enjoyed this task because I got to re read the text of the story stitches and it was a very interesting story. What we had to do was read the story and then go onto the slideshow for your group and then we were given 3 questions to answer and we had to answer them in full sentences or paragraphs.

1 comment:

  1. Great descriptive answers, Shelby. I love how in question two you made direct reference to the text to provide evidence for your answer. That is a great strategy.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.