Pages

Friday 17 April 2020

Thinner

Hello fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post today's blog post is going to be about the book I am reading at the moment. This story is very interesting and I most definitely would recommend it.

The name of this book is Thinner and it is by Stephen King this book is about this man called Billy Halleck whose wife wants him to get thinner as he is overweight. Later, when the scales tell him he is losing weight, it is just what the doctor ordered. His wife is very pleased as she should be but...... "Thinner" the word, has lodged in his mind like a fattening worm, eating at his flesh. And with despair comes violence. This is a very gruesome and is full of gore.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelby!

    Thanks for the book review, I have never read a Stephen King novel before but I have heard that they are very creative and really challenge the reader's thinking. I am impressed you are reading something so advanced, but I know you like creepy stories so this sounds like a good choice.

    Have you read any of his other novels? I have seen one called 11/22/63 that sounds interesting, it is about the assassination of US President John F. Kennedy. JFK is one of my favourite presidents and I have read a lot about the Kennedy family history, which is why I am interested in picking up this title.

    Thank you for sharing some work from home! I look forward to seeing what you will share next week.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Miss Birtch,
      Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, I am in the process of reading a complete six part novel from Stephen King called Green Mile. The story you are talking about sounds very interesting. In fact I am now interested in reading it.

      Kind regards,
      Shelby

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.