Pages

Monday 1 April 2019

Their, They're, There

WALT : Identify and use homonyms correctly - Part 1


On tuesday we had a task to make a poster explaining the differences between They're , Their, There because they all sound the same but they are each used for different things, we were told to make this poster because some students were getting confused with them when writing or placing them wherever they wanted to place them, So this is my poster and I hope you learnt something from it . 


 

Quiz Questions

1.}  Me and my cat stared blankly into _______ car.
2.}  My parents were _______ but now they are here.
3.}  _______ dolphins got stolen.
4.}  _______ very cruel to _______ animals.
5.}  The shop owner stole _______ dog.
6.}  No one ever went _______.

Comment to answer !!




3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Shelby! It's Siale from Ruma Rima.
    I really liked the lay out of your poster and I think that the pictures you used were very suitable for the text. I also liked the way you explained what these words mean!
    Have you ever used any of these words in the wrong sentence before?
    This poster was amazing and I can't wait to see more of your work!
    And to answer your Quiz.
    1.} Me and my cat stared blankly into their car.
    2.} My parents were there but now they are here.
    3.} Their dolphins got stolen.
    4.} They're very cruel to their animals.
    5.} The shop owner stole their dog
    6.} No one ever went there.

    Did I get any of them right?

    Kind regards,
    Siale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey shelby my eyes were drawn to your work what's your favorite Animal and do you have siblings.
    i am also a year six at yaldhurst model school.
    regards Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia, ora Shelbey

    I enjoyed the way you explained it beautiful and I liked the bit where it is the quiz..

    When I read your blog I learned lots about the words and there meaning. The one I liked the most is their.

    How did you write so much about the words?

    - Ethan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.