Pages

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Mars Perseverance Mission

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be answering some questions that were put onto the hurumanu site about the Mars Perseverance Mission. 

The Rocket that the perseverance used to get into space is the Atlas V Rocket. The two vehicles that are being taken to Mars by the Atlas V Rocket is a helicopter and the Perseverance Rover. 

They plan to land the rocket in the Jezero Crater on February 18th, 2021. They are looking for signs of ancient life to see if people would be able to survive on Mars. They are also collecting samples of rock and soil from Mars to test. The rock and soil will be collected on later Mars missions. 

The rover will land without being damaged by descending through the Martian atmosphere on a parachute and the sky crane will try and hover above the ground and its going to let down the rover.  Where as the helicopter is inside the rover so that will go down as the rover goes down. 

I hope there was some educational information in this piece of writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.