Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Gravity

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about the effect of gravity and will be answering questions that were on our hurumanu site. 

Gravity is not the same on every planet. Gravity is dependent on mass, the gravitational force varies depending on the height that you are at. It really depends on the size of the planet and the mass on the planets. The word mass is the amount of things on a planet. 

On Mercury I would weight 11.3 kg, on Venus I would weigh 27.3 kg, on Mars I would weight 11.4 kg, On Jupiter I would weigh 70.2 kg, On Saturn I would weigh 27.9 kg, On Uranus I would weigh 27.6 kg, On Neptune I would weigh 33.6 kg. So as you can see I would be heavier on Jupiter and I would be lighter on Mercury. 

If you lived on a planet with higher gravity I feel that you would be pulled down faster and if the gravity was lighter you would be able to jump higher and wouldn't be pulled down with as much force. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.