Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2020

200 Word Challenge

Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's task the class was given a challenge to write a 200 word story based off of a piece of music. You didn't have to do exactly 200 you could stick with 100 or do a bit more than that.

Here is my piece of writing....


I just wasn’t feeling it that day. The graceful moves and the calming music. I just wanted everything to go away. All I knew is that I didn’t want to fall back into my old habits. I was wondering what would happen if I did, would I seriously be able to go back into my grunge dark phase or not ? But of course once again I was on the tip of my toe spinning in circles feeling dizzy and sick, I walked behind the studio feeling the cool breeze hit my face closing my eyes listening to the birds and the trees and the people. I walked back into the studio and started all over again bringing the bird sounds and people into the song and I started to enjoy it feeling the air swish around me as I danced then my choreographer came in and watched me and just stayed silent until I was finished. Once I was done she clapped and gave me a hug and then we talked about how that was the first day in ages that I was happy and enjoying what I was doing. I went home and showered then slipped under my sheets.

I hope you enjoyed my blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.