Pages

Thursday 28 May 2020

P.E Hurumanu

Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what we have been doing for PE hurumanu. We had three things to do today. The first thing we had to do was take our resting heart rate. A resting heart rate is when you take your pulse while sitting down. You cannot take your resting heart rate once you have done exercise.

The second thing we had to do was take the agility test. We were given a picture on how to do the agility test and our teacher told us how to set it up. This is the picture that was given to us...


The third thing we had to do was the 30 metre sprint, we went onto the tennis court and got ready to do the sprint in my group we had Jessica and well me. For this task one of us had to have a stop watch open on our chrome book and the other had to get ready to sprint. The person with the chrome book would go to the opposite end of the court. The person who was running would stay were they were. When the teacher said go the people that were doing the 30 metre sprint would run and the person with the stop watch would start the timer as soon as the sprinter got to were the person with the stopwatch was they would stop it and give the sprinter their time. 

My resting heart rate was 80. The time it took me to complete the agility test was 16.3 seconds. Last of all the 30 metre sprint took me 17 seconds to complete. 

The reason why we are learning this is to see if what they are teaching us is improving what we are doing.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Talofa lava Shelby!

    Really nice work on your PE blog post. You've made a great effort this week to push yourself with your writing and give lots of details to support your work. That allows you to share more ideas and the why behind them.

    Thank you again for your help through all the confusion of yesterday's lesson, I can tell you had been listening and knew what it was that needed to be done.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.