Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Samoan Umu

Hello fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post today's blog post. For today's task we watched a video on how to create an umu and then we were given questions to answer on a blog post this is that blog post.

What is an Umu? What does it need, what is it for ?
An umu is a traditional Samoan meal that is cooked without oven and cooked without electricity. A Umu can be cooked for a funeral, graduation, wedding or any other celebration. An Umu needs fire and wood.

How are traditional Samoan skills taught ?
The guy in the video said that parents use a saying and then over time you just develop the skills he said around the age of 16 you develop the skills.

Is there something you've experienced similar to an umu? What was it? Where did you experience it ?
No, I have not experienced anything like it but I would like to.

What typed of things are cooked in an umu?
Some of the things that can be cooked in an umu are taro, banana's, fish and there are probably some more things that you are able to cook.

I hope you learnt something from this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.