Pages

Thursday 28 May 2020

Reading Week 7

Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be answering questions based off of the story I have been reading called "Badge Of Honour". 

What is the problem in the story? 
There are four school captains Fai, Isaac,Tomasi and Jess and after school Tomasi fight's people and Isaac doesn't know whether to tell the teacher or be a loyal friend and different people are pressuring him to do different things.

What lesson does this story teach? 
To always do the right thing even if there is a possibility no one will find out. There is also another lesson to do what you think is right not what someone else thinks is right.

What lesson did the character learn?
Fai learnt to always do the right thing were Tomasi might or might not have learnt to do the right thing. Isaac also learnt to do the right thing but since we didn't get to see his answer I have limited things I can say. Jess wasn't a big part of the story she barely was there so I really don't know what Jess learnt.

Do you connect with any of the characters? 
Yes, Because when I was younger I remember being put in a situation like the situation Isaac is in, the two options were to defend my friend and lie and say she didn't do anything or tell the teacher the truth and possibly lose a close friend. In what way ?
As I said in answering the other question I had to choose between my friend or the teacher and I was torn I didn't know what to do.

For the next task I was given an option of what to do I chose to rank the story from 1-5 5 being the story was amazing I would change nothing in it to 1 being it was horrible I hated it.

I gave the story Badge Of Honour a solid three because I hated that it didn't tell you what he did like if he chose his friend or telling the truth and I hated that part because it limited my answers to some of the question for instance the question were it asks what lesson did the character learn.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.