Pages

Monday 9 November 2020

Boy ~ Week 5

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what my task is for reading so for this weeks task we have to answer questions on a well written blog post. 

I learnt that life in the 1920's-30's was rough because whatever the teacher said goes it doesn't matter what the child says once somethings happened there was no going back for example in the chapter Captain Hardcastle he "caught Roald Dahl cheating" when he was really just asking a person for a new nib, and even though Captain Hardcastle wouldn't have actually been able to hear the conversation the head master still listened to him.

I haven't read any other Roald Dahl books but I have read David Walliams and I've noticed that both writers emphasis what they are talking about and they exaggerate the text to make it more interesting.

If I was to write an autobiography about my life I would include all of the animal's I've had because I think that would be really important to add because of my love for animals. I would also include the sadder things that happened in my life because even though it is sad it still shaped me into who I am today. Another thing I would include is I would talk about my connection with my family like my dad, sister, mum and my half and step siblings, because they are my family and I think that would also be quite important to add.

Fast Finisher Task :

My favourite part from this story is probably not necessarily a chapter but learning about how it was like at his school and also learning what happened to him and thinking about the differences from then to now. Like now you actually have a say in what you do but then you kind of didn't.

Cover for the book .......


Another activity we had to do was create our own activity and get it approved by Miss Birtch. I thought of an activity and that was to predict what was going to happen in the next chapter. 

I think that in the next chapter Roald Dahl is going to talk about a goat or something like that. I also think he is going to be talking about his family. Other than that I am really not quite sure on what is going to happen in the next chapter. 


I hope you enjoyed my Blog post. 



2 comments:

  1. Hello Shelby.
    This is a really nice blog post I enjoyed reading this blog.The book cover is really nice it as a boy a book the book name and the authors name.
    Keep it up.
    From your classmate Leo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Leo,
      Thanks for the nice comment, and the positive thoughts.

      - Shelby

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.