Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Blackout Poetry

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what we have been doing for Art. So for Art we have been learning about and creating our own blackout poetry.

 In case you don't know blackout poetry is when you get a piece of newspaper and circle the words that you want in your poem and then with a black or dark colored marker you colour in around the words so it pieces together and creates a poem / story. The purpose of doing blackout poetry is to learn how to visualize writing before you actually write it and also learning how to focus on things.

My experience in creating blackout poems was I found it different and interesting to do but it was also confusing because you had to go through the article and select few words and it was difficult to piece together. I enjoyed creating them because you could make something new out of something old. Another thing that made it difficult to do was you had to find an article that inspired you to create something and there were some ones that were difficult to create a poem out of.

Altogether I enjoyed doing blackout poetry but I am keen to move on to the next part of the lesson.

Here is my work...





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.