Pages

Thursday 15 October 2020

Novel Study ~ Boy Week 1

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what we have been doing for Reading. So for Reading we have been reading novel study's I have been reading the story Boy by Roald Dahl. I am up to the fast finishers task and for this task I have to answer questions that are on my reading slides.

The story boy is a work of non-fiction. I think Roald Dahl wrote this story to share his past and to show that famous or well known people can have an upsetting pasts and that they aren't perfect and neither are their lives. 

I don't read many autobiographies but I have read some in the past I can't quite remember the names of them but I'm pretty sure I read one about Tina Turner. I would like to read an autobiography about Anne Frank.

Here is the front cover of the novel I'm reading...

Boy: Tales of Childhood: Amazon.co.uk: Dahl, Roald, Blake, Quentin, Blake,  Quentin: 9780141365534: Books

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Shelby

    Thanks for sharing your ideas about Roald Dahl, the novel you are reading and biographies! If you are interested in Anne Frank, you should definitely check out "The Diary of Anne Frank" it is a copy of the journal she kept while she was in hiding during WWII. She was probably about your age when she wrote it and it is special that it was found and can give is a primary source into the life of a young Jewish girl during wartime.

    Keep up the great blogging! I look forward to seeing more of your work for this novel.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.