Pages

Thursday 29 October 2020

Abstract Art

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what we have been doing for Art. So for art we have been creating multiple different arts pieces. We have been learning about abstract art and have been learning about the six elements. The first element being lines meaning different types of lines curved lines etc. The next element is textures which means it looks like something that you can touch. Two other element is Shapes these can be organic shapes (made up) or geometric shapes (normal shapes). Another element is tones which is like shading and different colours ombred together. The last element is colours which is just using different colours like red, blue, yellow and more. 

My favourite part of these lessons was creating the last piece of art which was making a piece of art using two contrasting words and somehow connecting them. For instance Cold and hot and Light and Dark. A part that challenged me was using my imagination to connect the two contrasting words. Some advice for if your wanting to try abstract art don't try and use all of the elements if you're a beginner because it's quite difficult I would suggest choosing 2-4 and just focusing on them. 

For the first abstract art piece we had to use the words Fear, Growth and Aroha making three separate art pieces that would come together and for the second task I chose to use the words, Day and Night. 

Here is my first piece of art work....

Here is my second piece of art work......

Do you have any feedback for my work ?





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.