Pages

Friday 18 September 2020

Characterization - The Gingerbread Man

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking bout what we are doing for reading. So for reading we are learning about protagonists and different types of characters in stories. Today we watched a gingerbread man video and have to describe moments in the video where they were showing direct and indirect characterization. 

I think that the protagonists of the story are the old man and lady because it's based off of how they are living, and I think that the antagonist is the ginger bread man because he is trying to get in the way of the old man and lady eating their dinner. I also think that the ginger bread man is a static character because he doesn't change throughout the video.

A direct characterization about the old man and old lady is they were both lonely I know this because it said it in the start of the video and the old lady said that she was bored and lonely. An indirect characterization about the ginger bread man is that he is cheeky. I know this is indirect because there was no point in the video were it literally said he was cheeky. Three ways you could describe the ginger bread man with indirect characterization is hes cheeky, rude, naughty. This is indirect because it doesn't literally say he is one of these but you can see he is off of his actions. For instance when he kept on grinning because they couldn't catch him or when he was mean to the people and kept on teasing them.


Gingerbread Cookies - Annabel Langbein – Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.