Pages

Monday 14 September 2020

Canterbury Earthquake

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be sharing with you some things I learnt about the Canterbury Earthquakes and how it affected people. So for today's task we had to listen to an audio of a story about the Canterbury Earthquakes. 

Something I learnt from the Audio was the impact that the earthquake made on peoples lives was tremendous. People were without job's and companies buildings were in pieces, some family's also had some relatives that passed away. It also caused companies to end because they couldn't afford the re building of their smashed buildings. It also caused flooding which ruined some houses.

A positive out come of this was people came together and started helping and looking out for each other. A negative outcome was some companies couldn't rebuild and got shut down another negative outcome was there were lives lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.