Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Last WW1 Work

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what we have been doing for Who are we hurumanu. So for Who are we hurumanu as you may know because of my other blog posts we have been learning about the WW1 and the impacts it had on people. Today we had to answer some questions and write a letter from a soon to be soldiers perspective. In this letter we had to include why we were joining. This was our finishing task as we are moving on to another topic....

Here is my work....

WW1

Questions 1: The New Zealand soldiers signed up for the war because they hoped that they would get something in return for helping the British empire. They also decided to sign up for the war because they were scared of invasion and they knew that if they joined the British empire they would become allies. Other people other than New Zealanders signed up for the war because something just clicked it was like there was a missing puzzle piece and joining the army and fighting to defend their home was like finding the puzzle piece and putting it in its place.

Question 2 : They were fighting in the areas for days on end.

Questions 3 : There were roughly 18,000 New Zealanders killed because of the war and there were 41,000 people that were wounded or ill. 

Question 4 : The outcome of the war was a lot of people were harmed some physically and some mentally. There were a lot of depressed and upset people but the other outcome was the two empire’s or places that were fighting would always end up with a winner that would get the land or the thing they were fighting for. 

Letter

Dear Family, 


I have decided to join the British empire because I need to serve my country because it feels right and I want to do what’s right, if not for others then for myself. The dominating and constant arguing has gone on for too long and it’s time to put an end to it. This is to protect you and if not you then our people. The main reason for me joining the other soldiers is because something just clicks and it feels right to fight. 


Kind regards. 


I hope you enjoyed my blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.