Pages

Sunday 19 September 2021

Home Ec ~ Open Steak Sandwich

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. Today I will be sharing with you what we made in Home Economics. For our lesson on Thursday, we made an Open Steak Sandwich. The nutrients contained in this are carbohydrates, protein, fats,  and vitamins. We were put into groups in my group there was Isaac, Hannah. and myself. 


                                       Open Steak Sandwich                       Serves 4


  • Beef Schnitzel-  trimmed, about 1cm thickness (can be shredded & marinated before cooking)

  • Oil (for cooking meat)

  • 4 Bread rolls or 1 ciabatta loaf, cut into 4 pieces

  • Mayonnaise

  • Sauces - own choice eg Tomato, BBQ, Sweet Chilli

  • Lettuce, Spinach or Mesclun salad leaves

  • Tomatoes, sliced

  • Red Onion rings

  • Cheese slices

  • Avocado 

 

  • 1. Quickly pan fry the meat over a medium high heat until just cooked, turning once during

  • cooking. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve as a piece or shredded

  •  

  • 2. Cut rolls or ciabatta loaf pieces in half. These can be warmed or toasted if desired.

  •   Spread the tops and the bottoms of the bread with mayonnaise and /or sauces chosen

  •  

  • 3. Top half the bread with lettuce etc, tomato slices, steak and any other ingredients

  •  

  • 4. Cover with the remaining bread pieces 

  •  

  • 5. Serve

 

                                   


The smell of the food when being made was very delightful and when it was ready to eat it tasted very nice there were a lot of different textures in the sandwich from the slimy tomato to the hard bread. 


Overall I believe that my group worked really well together and communicated nicely.


Here are some of the photos we took during the lesson......











No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.