Pages

Friday 24 September 2021

The Cay ~ Book Review

 Today I will be sharing with you a book review on the book my class has been reading in English. The book's title is The Cay and it is written by Theodore Taylor, the book was published in 1969. The protagonist of the book is Phillip. The Cay is about a boy whose island is under attack so he goes onto a boat to go somewhere that is safe and it gets sunken he then wakes up on a raft with a man named Timothy, goes blind, and isn't fond of the man he is stuck with, but grows to like him. They then end up on an island and have to survive on it.

The rating that I would give the book is 3/5 this is because I have read better books but it was still really well written and contained plenty of detail, another reason why I gave this rating was because of the way that it was written. The age that I would recommend it to is year 9's because some of the words used to describe things need reasonably mature readers. 


The Cay - Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.