Pages

Thursday 23 September 2021

Static Electricity

 Today I will be answering three questions on my blog they are all about static electricity. The questions are based on what we have been learning about in Physics. 

The three particles that make up everything are Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons. Protons have a positive energy charge, Neutrons have a neutral charge, and Electrons have a negative energy charge. 

Electrically neutral means that the energy wants to balance out which means that they want an opposite charge. 

Insulator ~ An insulator is bad at passing on energy.

Conductor ~ A conductor is good at passing on energy.

An example of static electricity is if you rub a balloon on your head and then slowly lift it and the hair rises as you lift the balloon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.