Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Speechs

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what I have been doing for Writing / Art. So for this hurumanu we have been writing a persuasive speech. My speech was about why I think gum should be allowed in class / school. Something I enjoyed from this speech unit is researching the information and turning it into paragraphs I liked it because it turned something little and not useless but not detailed into something detailed and big. 

I really struggled with parts of the writing which were finding more information to make the speech 2-3 minutes long which was our time target, and it was difficult finding ways to add more information to make it longer. It was also hard finding new things to write about and not repeating the same point over and over again. But I pushed through by researching and re -reading the speech over and over again.

I learnt by recording myself that I struggled with reading and looking at the screen at the same time, so concentrating on multiple things. I am a clear speaker usually I just can't be as good when its being recorded right in front of me. 

I think that persuasive writing is good because it can help you defend yourself and argue your way through things like if you disagree with someone. It can also expand your knowledge on the topic you are learning about. 

Unfortunately the person that has my recording is away so when I next see her I will ask her to send the video through and put it on this blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.