Pages

Thursday 5 November 2020

Boy ~ Week 4

 Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about what we have been doing for reading. So for reading we have to choose 10 words that we don't know in the book and then write what page we found them on and our understanding of what it means.....

Sovereign ( pg 107 ) = It is a British gold coin. For instance he put his tooth under the pillow and woke up finding a sovereign in its place.

Ether ( pg 106 ) = It is used as a anesthetic.  For instance he put ether on his cut. 

Chloroform ( pg 106 ) = It is a sweet smelling liquid that is also used as a anesthetic. For instance he had to have chloroform but on his wound before the operation. 

Meshed ( pg 104 ) = Having the appearance of mesh or a network. For example his skin looked meshed.

Battering ( pg 90 ) = The action of striking repeatedly. As an example, It was like a battering-ram. 

Cauldron ( pg 30 ) = A metal pot that is used to cook things in. For instance she used a cauldron to cook her soup. 

Unfortunately I was unable to find anymore words that I don't understand so I'm just going to have to stick with having six words. 




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Shelby

    Great job on this vocabulary task. From last year when we did Reading Plus and Spelling, I know you have a wide vocabulary so I am pleased you were able to find at least 6 new and challenging words.

    Keep up the great novel study tasks!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.