Pages

Wednesday 18 November 2020

Speech Writing

 Kia Ora Fellow readers and welcome back to another blog post. For the past 2 weeks we have been working on writing a persuasive speech. We have been practicing reading our speech out loud for around 2 lessons now I am pretty sure that its around 2 lessons. Anyway I really enjoyed writing this speech, as one of my passions is writing. At times I did find it difficult to add onto the writing so I worked on one speech at a time, and then once I had finished each paragraph I added them together and changed them around to completely make sense.

Here is my speech..

Bonjour, my name is Shelby. Have you ever thought it was weird that you aren’t

allowed to chew gum in class? Well today I will be sharing with you

why I think we should be allowed to chew gum in class. 


Mrs Handley, a Senior Geography teacher at Hornby High School told me that the reason

for not chewing gum is it takes ages to get of the concrete and damages things like tables,

chairs etc, but I said if they get rid of the rule then kids will stop hiding the gum

under tables and chairs and then the cleaner will have less to no gum to clean up. 


Studies have shown that chewing gum can improve concentration in visual memory tasks,

sustained attention and it reduces stress. You may be wondering how chewing gum helps

concentration, well it helps because it is proven that any repetitive activity helps people

concentrate. Chewing gum also reduces heartburn and helps with weight loss meaning it

distracts you from wanting to eat food. Another thing that chewing gum helps with is having

fresh breath which could possibly cancel out any stress about bad breath one more thing it

eliminates is nausea. Meaning less students missing out on learning because of feeling nauseous.


There are more reasons why gum is good like it keeps your teeth healthy.

It does this by increasing your saliva flow and it also removes leftover food from your teeth.

A dental association also recommends chewing gum to stop cavities. The best gum to eat is

sugar free gum and gum with ginger or mint in it especially if you are already Ill trust me it is

a lot better than eating a dessert and they are natural remedies so it won’t do any harm.

Also there are heaps of different brands and flavours so you never get bored with it.


To summarize this speech I think that we should be allowed to chew

gum as it doesn’t harm people in fact all it does is benefit people’s health. Don’t you

want to be able to chew gum in school ?.


I hope you enjoyed reading my speech, Do you have any feedback?









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.