Pages

Monday 16 March 2020

Different Types Of Sentences

Kia Ora readers and welcome back to another blog post. For today's blog post I will be talking about the different types of sentences.

The first one I will be talking about is a very short sentence,  a very short sentence is a sentence that explains something in less then 5 words. A very short sentence has to make sense and had to contain everything a normal sentence would have. Here are four examples of a very short sentence.
- I still had hope.
- He looked concerned.
- The plant grew rapidly.
- The biltong was delicious.

The next sentence I will be talking about is the w-start. The w-start is when the sentence starts with a word like when, where, whilst, while etc... Here are some examples of a w-start sentence.
- While he held me, i got lost in thoughts.
- Where did you hide it.
- Whilst the plant grew I continuously fed it.
- While the biltong was drying I couldn't stop thinking about eating it.

Another type of sentence is the adverb start sentence. An adverb start is when the first word in the sentence ends with a why some of these words can be quickly, nervously, thoughtfully etc. Some examples of a adverb start are...
- Quietly, the dog whimpered.
- Carelessly, she slammed the door.
- Nervously, she coated her meat with salt.
- Joyfully, he watched his plant grow.

We were told about these sentences to help make our stories exciting. I hope you learnt about a new sentence.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.