Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2019

Book Review ~ Playing To Win

Aloha fellow readers and welcome to another blog post for this blog post I will be reviewing the book Playing To Win by Fleur Beale.

Overall this book is really interesting and it really hooks you in I have only had this novel book for three weeks and I have already finished the story I couldn't stop because at the end of each chapter in always left a hook. I recommend this story for 12+ because there is some inappropriate language for any younger child. I give this story a 10/10 as I really enjoyed reading it and I am actually contemplating buying the book for myself.

If you enjoy reading mystery, drama, romance books than this book will be perfect for you because it has all of that. the mystery is why Alice hates rugby, the drama is between Todd Denny and Alice and the Romance is between Denny and Alice and kind of between Todd and Alice.  The strength of the book is when Denny get's friends. The weakness is when Denny feels that he doesn't fit into the friend group.

Hope you enjoyed this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Shelby!

    I have enjoyed reading all of your blog posts about our novel study this term. You put in a lot of effort to your posts and it is evident in your work. I like how you sought feedback and immediately applied it to make your writing even better.

    You are a very capable writer and I challenge you to create longer blog posts that use proper paragraph structure, 6-8 sentences in a group, based on one idea. This will allow you to build on your ideas and add lots of detail before moving on to discuss your next point. I would like to see this on your blog in Year 8!

    Great work overall!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.