Pages

Thursday 28 November 2019

Te Reo Maori

Kia Ora fellow readers and welcome to another blog post for today's blog post we will be talking about a Maori story that our Maori teacher told us about.

The name of this story is Poutini : A Guardian Taniwha. This story is about a man named Poutini who falls in love with a female named Waitaiki, Poutini falls in love with Waitaiki, but Waitaiki is in love with some one else so Poutini turns her into pounamu green stone.
Waitaiki's lover than cry's over losing her. 

When Mr Matthews was passing around paunamu I learnt that there where many different types of green stone I also learnt that they had different meanings.
One more thing that I learnt is some green stone is stronger than other types of green stone

Image result for pounamu]
I hope you enjoyed my blog post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.