Pages

Thursday 12 September 2019

Hurumanu PE Blog

Hello fellow bloggers for today's blog post we will be talking about our Physical Education class so the first thing I am going to be talking about is the warm ups.

We do warm up's to ready our body for a game of something we also use warm up's to stretch our body giving a lower chance of injuring your body e.g Stretching you muscles to fast and hard, on Monday we had PE for PE as you know we have been split into groups and named our teams and chose a sport, So for Monday the team French Fries taught us the sport Bench ball.

Before we begun the game of bench ball we did some warm ups the warm ups that we did were 40 Star-jumps 10 times running up and down the court and 20 High Knees I found this very tiring.

The next thing we did was a drill the purpose for a drill is teaching you a skill that you will need for a game.

For the drill we played sneak up granny at first we weren't really sure how this was teaching a skill for bench ball, but as we started to play we found out what skill it was teaching us the skill was sneaking up beside or behind someone so if someone passed the ball to them you would be able to quickly snatch it out of their hands or something like that.

After the drill and warm up's we started to play, PE hurumanu is a joint hurumanu between Tz and Bh year 7 and 8's so for the first game Tz and Bh year 7's versed each other and Tz and Bh's year 8's versed each other. Since I am a year 7 from Bh I versed the Year 7's from Tz unfortunately we lost but I really enjoyed playing the game for the next thing we did in PE hurumanu we swapped over and the year 7's versed the year 8's and in the end the year 8's did win.

That is what we did for the game side of PE hurumanu.

For the maths side of PE hurumanu we did maths that involved a field and there were multiple different questions that we needed to answer before finishing the maths my team got one part of the question right and the other part wrong  so we had to go back and our brains just got very muddled up so I didn't enjoy that maths side of PE .

I learnt some more skills/ strategies for maths like I learnt the working form.

Some of the strategies I used for figuring out the maths questions were Place Value, Rounding, Tidy Numbers etc.

I felt that the work was difficult in certain areas I can't really remember the questions at the moment but I know that they were difficult to work out other parts were rather easy though.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post about PE hurumanu.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.