Pages

Monday 9 September 2019

Ella West

Today for first period all of the year 7/8's went to the auditorium to see a author called Ella West....

A while ago Mrs Allan- Fletcher and her class read a story called Night Vision once they had completed reading the book they made a blog post about the story Night Vision talking about Ella West and Commenting on her book.

After her class had made a blog post on their blogs they had found out that Ella West had seen their blog post's and she decided to come all the way from Dunedin to see and talk to the year 7 and 8 group about the stories she had written.

So today as what I said at the start of the blog Ella West came in to visit the year 7 and 8's, The main stories she talked about with us were Rain Fall and Night Vision, She basically just talked about what gave her the idea of writing these stories and where the stories are based, for example Night Vision is based in Ashburton and Rain Fall is based in West-port.

One of the other things that she talked about with us was that her first stories weren't as great as her older stories and also that over the years she could tell that her knowledge had grown on certain topics and that her books had improved in their information over the years.

She also talked about how she couldn't make the top 10 New Zealand authors because her publisher made the ISBN Australian so she wouldn't be able to get any profit because of the ISBN number, another thing she talked about was how a Italian translator translated a copy of Night Vision into Italian.

I loved the talk that we had with Ella West I liked how she described how she had intertwined facts from history into her book and that's what I loved about the talk with Ella West.
I would love to have a talk with more New Zealand author's.

Image result for night vision ella west         Image result for ella west           Image result for Rain Fall ella west

These are the covers of two of the books that Ella West talked about.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Shelby!

    Thank you for sharing such a detailed piece of writing about Ella West coming to our school. You included lots of interesting pieces of information that she shared with us and I can tell you were paying great attention to her speech. I enjoyed having a New Zealand author come to share with us, especially since we are reading her book too! Do you think Rain Fall sounds interesting? We could maybe do that for our next novel study.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Miss Birtch,

      I really appreciate the comment that you left on my blog.
      I love the sound of the book Rain Fall it sounds very interesting and different from other books. I would love to read Rain Fall as our next novel study.
      Have you ever read Rain Fall.

      Kind Regards,
      Shelby.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.