Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Thug - The Hate You Give

Kia Ora fellow readers for today's blog post I will be reviewing the book that I have been reading. The book that I have been reading is called "The Hate U Give" and the book is by a lady called Angie Thomas. I grabbed this book off the shelf because the title left me wondering what the story was about. I have not yet finished the book but I have really enjoyed reading it so far, the book has a lot of passion in it and there is a large amount of detail and interesting points of view.

This book is about a teenage girl named Starr who witnesses her friend's death after meeting him at a party. She then founds it very difficult to overcome her fear of cops. She gets plenty of support from her brother's and parents. She goes to a fancy school and feels that she has to act a different way to fit in. That is all that has happened in the story so far. But I will update this blog post once I am done reading the story or I will create a new blog post.

Here is what the front cover of the book looks like.....

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Shelby

    Awesome job working on this blog post. I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you finish the book. I read this on holiday last year and found it really good. I like how you mentioned it feels like a passionate book, I agree. I think the author Angie Thomas has written about some experiences from her own past growing up so probably is able to put a lot of feeling and emotion behind her words. I wonder if you will pick up the sequel once this one is finished!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.