Pages

Thursday 7 December 2017

Start of Summer Learning Journey

Week 1: In The Beginning

Activity ONE : The First Settlers

Māui is a demi god from Moāri myths and legends.Here are some Interesting facts I have learnt about him.
x





1. It is said in a myth that Māui caught the North Island with his fishing hook and the South Island was his Waka!(Boat)

2. You will not find Hawaiki on a map, but it is believed Māori came from an island or group of islands in Polynesia in the South Pacific Ocean. 

3. Māui Was a demi god from Polynesia.

Here is my picture of Māui and his hook.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Shelby,

    Horray! Today is THE OFFICIAL 1st day of the Summer learning journey programme! It's wonderful to see your first S.L.J blog post! I really love how you have included an illustration of Maui and his fish hook! It's always nice to see something colourful! Wow I did not know about the information that you have given me on second bullet point! Hmmm....I wonder why Hawaiki is not on the map anymore? Thank you for sharing cool facts about Maui and Polynesia!

    I can't wait to read and comment on your next blog post! :)

    Cheers!

    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Shelby,

    I’m Dani, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team. I normally comment on blogs in the Kaikohekohe cluster ( Northland) but I have been lucky enough to get the chance to visit some blogs in the Uru Manuka cluster!

    It’s awesome to see that you have completed the first activity. Ka pai! I love the green glowing hook that you have included it your image, its very mythical and i can imagine it could pull up the North Island!

    If you wanted to have a look at more of the Summer Learning Journey activities, you can check them out by following this link

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities

    I hope to see more activities from you soon!

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.